Monday, July 4, 2011

BBQ Beef (Crockpot)

I have never made BBQ beef before, but thought it would be a yummy way to celebrate 4th of July this year. I know the easiest method is to place beef and BBQ in a crock pot, but then the beef doesn't seem to get as much flavor, lots of BBQ is wasted, and the crock pot is a mess to clean up! So, I decided to try my own recipe, it is currently cooking, so I'll have to post later to tell you how it turned out. Good luck to me :)

BBQ Beef (Crock pot)

1 c water
1/2 large onion (diced)
1/4 c ketchup
1 tbls prepared mustard
1 tbls onion powder
1 tbls garlic powder (I didn't have any so I used Mrs. Dash Garlic & herb)
2 beef bouillon cubes
2-4 lb beef chuck roast
Salt
Pepper
8 oz beer (I used Woodchuck Hard Cider instead)
BBQ sauce
Buns

Combine the onion, ketchup, mustard, onion and garlic powders, bouillon cubes, water, and beer in a large crock pot. Place beef in mixture and thoroughly season both sides with salt and pepper. Cook on the lowest setting that time allows. I started late so it will be 6 hours. Once the meat is done, pour off liquid, shred beef and mix with your favorite BBQ sauce. I like Gates original (a local BBQ). I will put the BBQ in the crock pot because I don't want to waste the onions that have cooked all day and I want to heat the sauce up a little. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment