It's getting cold outside and the season for comfort food has arrived. I was very busy this evening, so I had to make this recipe a little different than I usually would have, but it turned out well and was very hands off.
4 large green peppers
1 c long grain rice
1 c spaghetti sauce
1 1/2 c water
1/2 onion, diced
1/2 c mozzarella cheese
1 tsp Italian spices
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 lb ground beef
Brown ground beef in 10" pan w/ lid. Add onions and cook over medium heat until tender. Meanwhile, cut tops off from green peppers, remove stem and dice tops. Add peppers and spices to pan and cook for 5 minutes. Add water, sauce, and rice, bring to boil, cover, and simmer for 25 minutes. Meanwhile, place peppers in baking dish and bake at 375F for 25 min. Fill peppers with rice mixture. Top with sauce and mozzarella cheese. Bake for additional 10 min or until cheese is melted.
If you have the extra time, you can fill the raw peppers with the rice mixture, top with sauce and cheese, and bake for 25 min. Enjoy!
No comments:
Post a Comment